Today is World Intellectual Property Day, or "World IP Day" for those of us in the know. I'm not really sure what the point of World IP Day is, but I came up with some ideas on how to celebrate it.
1. File a completely insane patent application.
2. Be extremely pedantic about trademarks and generics. For example, you might play a game of disc golf, drink something out of a vacuum-sealed insulated beverage container, cover any minor cuts with adhesive bandages, and blow your nose with tissues.
3. For once in your life, enjoy a song, movie or television show without trampling all over someone else's copyrights, for God's sake.
4. Attend the day's festivities at The George Washington University School of Law.
5. Get together with your friends and try to handicap the Supreme Court's forthcoming decision in KSR International Co. v. Teleflex, Inc..
6. Trade secrets with somebody.
8. Write some fanficton. Actually, don't do that. Please, for the good of mankind, stop writing fanfiction.
9. Take a quick trip to China and load up on counterfeit goods while you still can.